Thứ Ba, 8 tháng 12, 2015

Homework 8/12

A comma splice: is the use of a comma to join two independent classes
Ex: Is nearly 11:30, I still cannot finish my homework
Run-on sentence: a run-on sentence is a sentence in which two or more independent clauses are joined without an appropriate punctuation or conjunction
Ex: He is the sweet boy he really love dog
Fragment: a phrase or clause written as a sentence but lacking an element, as a subject or verb, that would enable it to function as an independent sentence on normative written english
Ex: is nearly 11:30 I still cannot finish my homework and I'm really worry
An Independent clause is a group of words that contains a subject and verb and expresses Complete thought. An independent clause is a sentence
Ex: He run

 A dependent clause cannot stand alone as the sentence instead it much attached to an independent clause.
Ex: because I cannot wait for you

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét