Chủ Nhật, 6 tháng 12, 2015

           Minh Anh Duong
           English
           Ms. Guarino
           19/11.
            


                                                      The Gathering of Peals.
         After finished reading the novel Gathering of Peals, I think it is a really good Novel. The novel is about the life of a young woman name Sookan, when she studies in America. The reason I say this novel is really good is because when I’m reading the novel I somehow see myself in it when I was first been to America. I had the same feeling as her, I asked the same questions like she has asked, and sometimes I get homesick so bad too but I think people who go far away from home will all feel the same way.
       
            Sookan’s life in America is never stabilizing. Before she comes to America she is excited and worried at the same time; she is excited because she has never been to America before so she is really curious about it. She is worried because she thinks her English is not good enough to communicate with people there and she has never been far away from her family before. She asks herself a lot of questions like: would people there understand me? Would they like me? Would I like them? When see been in America she feel so different, the airport is so big, people are so tall, and people is more open and more friendly than people in Korea. She get to America to study is because of the scholarship, it mean she doesn’t have a lot of money, all the pocket money that her mom give it to her; she need to buy book and school stuff. So see have to babysitting for Mr.Bennett after class to make her own money, so see can hangout with her friend she have free time. Because of that she makes her life harder. This is only her first year in America she already have a lot of hard class and she still have to do babysitting for her pocket money. So she is very buzzy and she has to world very hard to everything perfectly. When she have to try to really hard to do everything perfectly; she become tired and pass out. Her life is not just like that is because she is still really lucky that around her there is Mr.Bennett, Sister Reed, Ellen, Marci those people who is very important to her. When she working to hard and pass out they were very worry for her and decided to help her in her study so she feel less stress and don’t pass out again.


       That is the really great novel. It make me feel like a part of my life now is like that to. If I were the teacher I will chose the same book to my student to read because is the good practice of reading skills and I thing they all the student who study far away from there family to, so maybe they will find the interesting reading it. 

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét